Saving Our Future One Airway at a Time:Airway Interventions from Birth to 6
April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Join us April 19 and April 20th as we hear from Dr. Piya Gandhi about Airway Health for kids. Dr. Piya Gandhi is a board certified pediatric dentist specializing in functional pediatric dentistry. Her practice screens all patients for airway, sleep, speech, feeding and growth and development disorders. She specializes in treating infants and children with airway disorders including the diagnosis and treatment of tongue and lip tie. Her passion for tethered oral tissue (TOTs) was born from her personal experience and struggles with her older daughter, Cyrah. Dr. Gandhi’s goal is to avoid the same experience for her patients and their families.
Dr. Gandhi has done extensive training beyond her residency in airway development and the diagnosis and treatment of tethered oral tissues. She screens all her patients for airway disorders and oral restrictions which could impact growth, development, and healthy sleep. She believes in a comprehensive team approach by using the Function First Model. She has worked to develop a network of practitioners in the greater Houston area as well as in her practices. Her in house team currently consists of a speech language pathologist, myofunctional therapist, pediatric chiropractor, and international board-certified lactation consultant. This allows the office to provide both convenient and comprehensive care.
Dr. Gandhi is passionate about sharing her knowledge with other practitioners. When she is not seeing patients clinically, she is usually meeting with local practitioners to further collaborations or lecturing nationally to increase the training and awareness about airway disorders and tongue ties.
Professional Training and Affiliations:
American Board Certified in Pediatric Dentistry
TOTS Trained Provider
Certified in Laser Dentistry
Affiliate of the Breathe Institute
Active Member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
1. Tools to screen all patients for early expansion needs
2. Signs and symptoms of children under 6 that could benefit from early expansion
3. Types of expanders and how to select the appropriate type
4. Treatment that is needed in conjunction with expansion to ensure long term success
5. In office process to perform complete records, delivery and follow up appointments
1. Be able to screen current patients for expansion needs
2. Be able to take complete records
3. Be able to make appropriate appliance selection
4. Understand adjunctive therapies/ procedures needed to ensure long term success of expansion